I have always saw these push pin travel maps and wished that I could buy one. However, a quick google search would you tell you how expensive one premade could run you. This project was scary for me because I cut like a kindergartner and my DIYs are prone to disaster and are not pinterest worthy but I needed to do this. My memory sucks and I’m always focused on where I can go next and pouting about all the places that I cannot go that I don’t sit and appreciate where I have been.
Remembering and being grateful is always important. Seeing this completed made me smile and the cost was not that awful.
- 4×4 Plywood – Lowes – $19 – There’s a cheaper one that was $8 but I was looking at the wrong price, had it cut to size already and was stuck.
- Cork Tiles (3) – Hobby Lobby – $5- I underbrought the cork tiles doing bad math resulting in this. I also used a 40% coupon.
- Rand McNally Signature World Map – Amazon – $5.32
- World Map Push Pins 500pcs– Amazon – Using to mark places I’ve been.
- Paper Airplane Pushpins – Amazon – $6.99 – Using these to mark the places I want to go in the near future.
- Gorilla Wood Glue
- Box Cutter
Step By Step Instructions:
(Hover Over Images)
Here’s the final product. I am so proud because it doesn’t look half bad and look at all the places I’ve been. I still need to put some more pins in this thing because I just randomly thought of a couple places while typing this. I hope you enjoyed this quick DIY and if you make me one show me!